Scholarships for Domestic Foreign Students
(Already residing in Japan)
The Foundation awards scholarships to foreign students intending to study at a master's course of a Japanese graduate school. The general information is explained in this section; however, please be advised that details sometimes change from year to year. Therefore, before an application is made, a current application guidelines for each applicable year must be obtained to be assured of eligibility and other information such as deadlines, application materials, etc.
・Scholarship awards :
- Living Allowance: ￥180,000 per month
- Number of Recipients : About 10
- Duration of Scholarship : Maximum of 2 years while taking master's degree course.
・Method of Selection:
Recipients will be selected by the Foundation's selection committee on the basis of an initial screening of application materials and subsequent interview conducted in Japanese. The Foundation will finalize the selection by the end of March each year.
・The scholarship program for foreign students residing overseas entails a different selection system.
・Documentation Requirements during the Scholarship Period: Recipients must submit the following documents during and at the end of the scholarship period:
- Certificate of enrollment at the university (once every academic year)
- Research report and abstract (once every academic year)
- Report on student life (twice every academic year)
- Certificate of academic records (once every academic year)
- Final report
- Certificate of completion of Master degree.